Wondering how to repurpose your best content on Pinterest without investing huge amounts of time to manually pinning? Tailwind has introduced SmartLoop, a new feature that allows you to automate your Pinterest strategy so that your best and seasonal content gets pinned automatically through my favorite scheduling software, Tailwind. Learn more about SmartLoop and how you can use it to drive traffic to your site!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from my link I may make a small commission at no cost to you.
As a busy creative entrepreneur, our hands are full! Juggling social media strategy, content creation, as well as clients can be a huge task! I am a firm believer of working smarter, not harder as a small business owner. As a Pinterest strategist, I highly recommend Tailwind as a Pinterest and Instagram scheduler to automate your Pinterest marketing strategy.
How SmartLoop can automate your Pinterest marketing strategy
In the past, some Pinterest strategists and business owners have relied on both Tailwind for curating pin queues and finding fabulous content through Tailwind Tribes. Some used BoardBooster, a well known scheduler, to ‘loop’ pins from top performing boards and seasonal content into one or a group of boards. Listen, I get it. It is a great feature to automate your best content and continually repurpose it through the Pinterest platform.
For my business and as a certified low-risk specialist (not really, but ask anyone who knows me well, I am not a risk taker), I never felt fully comfortable utilizing a scheduler that wasn’t API approved as a Pinterest partner. Tailwind (who recently appeared as a speaker at the In the Making conference hosted by Pinterest) and its features have made it a no-brainer for me and my clients to automate our Pinterest marketing.
SmartLoop has some amazing new features. Here are a few things you can do with SmartLoop:
- Loop a evergreen or seasonal campaign for holiday campaign. Examples of evergreen content might be your top traffic posts. Pin seasonal and holiday content beginning around 45 days before the holiday.
- SmartLoop has its own unique analytics so you can see what is/isn’t working and pull it out of the queue. You should only be looping your top content, so if after a few rounds, you aren’t getting repins, it could be time to take it out of the loop.
- SmartLoop allows you to include group rules (which is brilliant!) If you are pinning to group boards, make sure you include the rules so you don’t get kicked out.
- SmartLoop allows you choose what to loop. You can loop a whole board or add pins from secret, group or personal boards. You can even choose only those pins from your domain or a certain keyword or hashtag. Loop your pins through a set of boards created with board list.
- It’s easy to add new content to SmartLoop when you are scheduling it with intervals and to Tribes. Just click/set/go!
Are you a visual learner? Here’s a video straight from Tailwind to guide you through!
I, for one, am so excited about this new feature. It repurposes your content with a data-driven automated strategy to make your great past content work hard for you and SmartLoop can be paired with the powerful features of Tailwind: Smart Schedule pinning and Tailwind Tribes. One-stop shopping my busy friends. You can get my Tailwind affiliate link here to get started! (Once you sign-up for Tailwind, look for the SmartLoop tab on the dashboard. Click to register for the beta version!)
Using SmartLoop saves me hours each month! Instead of time-consuming methods of re-scheduling my popular evergreen content using interval pinning (which is still a favorite feature of mine in Tailwind), I can now repurpose my content in a few clicks adding only a few seconds to my current Tailwind workflow. It’s super easy to incorporate SmartLoop into your Pinterest strategy!
Ready to take the plunge and learn how to automate your Pinterest marketing strategy? Check out my How to Use Tailwind Course!
Are you new to Pinterest and want more tips to get started? See my introductory post Getting Started on Pinterest and don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter below. You’ll receive my FREE Pinterest Start-up Guide for your creative small business where I give easy actionable steps to getting started on Pinterest!
If you enjoyed that, I’d love for you to follow me on Pinterest and don’t forget to pin it!